Sunday, February 26, 2006

Well, I leave tomorrow for Joplin. I am excited and nervous! I always get nervous when flying after 9/11. I know it's crazy, but I can't help it. Today in Greg's sermon he read Phillipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." That is comforting to know even though we are a little nervous that God can give us peace. Greg's sermon was really good today. The Scripture reminded me of a lot of things I need to do in my life. We've been going through Phillipians for a few weeks now and I am really liking this book. I had read it before, but not really "in depth". My Bible has highlights and pen marks all over the book of Phillipians. Moving to Brownsville has been really good for both Greg and I. We are both really growing in our spiritual walk (which is good since we are the ministers). I really the people here and they seem to really like us. Time has gone so fast too. I can't believe we have already been here 6 months! CRAZY! God is teaching us a lot of lessons here and He is always faithful!

I can't wait to see my family tomorrow. Ari called me yesterday. She is so sweet! Oh, I can't wait to pick her up and hug her and kiss her. Val is pregnant with another precious baby girl! I can't wait to see if she looks like Ari. I wish they would decide on a name. I don't want to keep calling her baby girl. It is supposed to be really nice in Joplin the next couple of days. Thank goodness, because I will be leaving behind 80 degree weather here in Brownsville. It is supposed to be 80 in Joplin on Wednesday!!!! Unheard of at the beginning of March! Anyway, I've got to get packing and clean up my house so it is nice for Greg while we are gone.

No comments: