Thursday, October 07, 2010

I forgot...Happy 1st Birthday Ruthie!!!


I didn't forget her birthday, I just forgot to blog about it. We had a really simple party. Just a few friends, pizza, and cake. She won't remember anyway. I can't believe it's been a year. I feel like she should be 3 weeks old. Time has really flown by. I have known that she was my last baby so I have made every effort to cherish each moment of her infancy. It's just gone too fast. She took her first steps the day before her birthday. That was fun! Now she is walking everywhere! She still crawls every once in awhile, but she is definitely doing more walking than crawling. She has weaned herself too. We did make it to our breastfeeding goal of one year. Even almost made it to 13 months, but she is finished. I'm ok with that too, because she did it on her own.

Ruthie has been such a blessing to our lives. I love the connection we have as the only girls in the family. She really loves her momma! Before she was born I didn't really know how badly I wanted a daughter. She is such a joy!!! I am so looking forward to watching her grow and learn. I love you Ruthie Ann!!

No comments: