Sunday, May 10, 2009



It seems like we have been waiting forever to find out who our little one is. I'm now 20 weeks pregnant. Friday was our BIG ultrasound day. I went in totally expecting a little boy. When the dr. told me it's a girl I about passed out. She went back and looked 4 times. I wanted to be sure! It's for sure. We are having a little girl. Her name will be Ruth Ayelen. Ruth after my granny and after Greg's grandma. My middle name is Ruth too. I had a dream yesterday about a Ruth Eileen. When I woke up I went to my baby name book and started going through it. I started with the A's. A logical place. I came across the name Ayelen. It is a Mapuche name. These people live in Chile and Argentina. Since Greg grew up in Chile he immediately loved it. It's very important to me that the name has a good meaning too. Ayelen means joy. Perfect. So our little girl is Ruth Ayelen! We can't wait to meet you princess!

1 comment:

Tammy and Van said...

Gosh I love the spelling!!!!!
It was fun to see it in writing!
I can't wait to go shopping with you for Ruthie!
Pat your tummy for Grandmama!